Saturday, August 09, 2008

Hello Blog Readers

Are you still there? It's a miracle.

I've spent my summer thus far busier than I have ever been between the kids and the work. The Peanut isn't loving camp. She's "bored" but doesn't want to LEAVE camp. She wants to just be with me. But then, of course, she yells at me if I pick her up too early. Go figure.

The Bird claims every morning that she doesn't want to see her friends at childcare and she sobs when I leave her and then 5 SECONDS later she's playing and happy and doesn't remember me anymore. She's another one that doesn't want to leave when I come to pick her up. "I'm gonna play another minute, 'kay Mama?" NO. I want, no NEED to leave right this minute. Been here all day and I need the mental break from it all. We're going now!

We (meaning my honey and I, sans les enfants) are leaving Wednesday for a week away to celebrate our 10 year Anniverary (first official VACATION since our honeymoon ten years ago) and to celebrate Carol's 40th. It promises to be a WONDERFUL and relaxing trip with lots of wine, food coma, and laughter. I CANNOT WAIT.

Then when I'm back, I need to launch a web site I've been working on all summer. Scary. I have a lot to do before then so I'm hoping I can actually TAKE that vacation, not only in body, but in mind and spirit as well.

Hope you're having a relaxing summer, seeing friends, having fun, getting tan if you still do that sort of thing. I hope you're having SUMMER as it was intended. I might get to that next year. We shall see....

2 comments:

The Mouse said...

I am dying for a vacation too! So glad to hear you are making one happen. sounds like you guys are overdue!

Anonymous said...

So great!! Enjoy every minute of vaca.

If Summer was intended to involve dark freezing theatres, iambic pentameter, and no glimpse of beach, then yes,

No complaints though, time well spent. :-) (I do want to get to beach tho)