Monday, June 18, 2007

Still Here...

Me AND my cough.

It seems to be worst when I wake up in the morning and the crap in my lungs has been stagnant all night long. As if to say, "alright biotch WE WANT OUT" and then it forces me to cough up a lung until I almost barf in my sink.

Aren't you glad you came to read this?

The cycle continues with the Bird's Cold Vol. 2. Damn Chuck E Cheese. Never again. It's a Holy germ factory. And so we begin anew with typhoid Mary...all of 21 months old. I should be sick again just in time for dad to be here visiting from New York. How pleasant for us all...

The fartknockers across the road are testing their fireworks to make sure they'll work on the 4th and every day leading up to that fateful night when my children fall asleep to the sound of quarter sticks of dy-no-mite going off in the neighborhood. Perhaps it'll be pretty enough to make them sleepy. But the 5th should prove to be a crank-o-rama of a day.

We are toying with NOT throwing our annual July 4th festival of fun. I really do love it each year when we see friends we would otherwise never see and eat all day and talk until we can't anymore and the kids play in the pool and the dogs eat leftovers etc. etc.

But I worry about watching the Bird near the pool, or it being freezing and raining, or cleaning up for 8 straight days....I dunno. Better decide soon. It's not that far away. We had 60 people last year!

What else? Last day of school on Wednesday and thus the last day of my temporary admin job at work. I have LOVED doing this job because it was so great working down there with some wonderful people and the most adorable children, including my own of course. But it makes me happy when they wave as they walk past on their way to a class, or when they say hello on their way to the water fountain, or I get a random hug from a little person because I am a mother figure who smiles and talks to them. It's delicious down there. I think it's hard for the staff to see that sometimes because they live it each day in the classroom. But for me, as an outsider of sorts, I see the greatness in our teachers, the love for the kids, the excitement over projects. It's a microcosm of life down there that I have been lucky enough to be a part of for the last few months. I will be sad to see it go...

The Peanut moves up and out of preschool. Can you imagine? When did she get to be too old for preschool? The BIRD goes to preschool next year. I can't stand it.

Anyhow...I'm baaaaaack. With Wednesday being the last day of school and the prospect of having the kids with me more regularly, you can BET I'll have plenty to say this summer.

Stick around...the best is yet to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

'Bout time!

Carol Blymire said...

Two things:
1) Bag the party, take a break.
2) That cough? I think you have reflux.