Thursday, June 07, 2007

I CAN'T STAND IT!

I am STILL hacking up a lung each day, coughing my brains out with what remains of this cold, flu, pneumonia, whatever-it-is thing that I have. Today the added bonus is the constant ear popping. Like I'm going up and down a considerable mountain, only I'm crossing that magical ear popping threshold about a million times an hour. It's fun! Try it! Not.

But life goes on, babies are had, field trips are taken, etcetera etcetera. The baby that was born was born to my very dear friend. With my illness being what it is, I still have only seen photos of that baby. I don't DARE go see the little pink beautiful girl until I am healthy enough not to hack something up at her. "Hi! Welcome to the world! Here's some phlegm." So for now, I must be content to coo, ooh and ahh over the photos I get to my email every other day. She is delicious and when I CAN go see her, I will hold her and hold her until they have to pry her out of my hands.

Today the Peanut went on a field trip with her class to the Oregon Humane Society. She liked it. She fed a rabbit some raisins. Did you know rabbits liked raisins? There's still a part of me that wonders if she was feeding that rabbit its own poop. But I won't dwell there too long. So the Peanut comes home today to our two dogs and cat and says, "Mommy, I don't want dogs anymore. Well, we can keep Gracie but I don't want Sonny anymore. He's a stinky rat." Of course, I had to laugh because I call him that all the time, but I love this dog like a child. "Well honey, he's staying. Sorry. We'll just try to keep him away from you." "Oh alright..." she said with a huge sigh. My poor Son-Son. He means well but he's a big galoof. 90 pounds of running, jumping, almost 8 year old Weimaraner. Toes get stepped on. Little girls get knocked over. He means well, but he IS a stinky rat boy. But that's the way I like him. :-)

My honey runs a half marathon this weekend. I am just trying to inhale without coughing.
I guess I'll start the 5K35 when I can breathe right. I hope that's very very soon.

How's by you all? Ready for summer?

No comments: