Thursday, October 04, 2007

LAAAAAAAAAAAAZZYYYYYYYYY

Well, week after week of grueling work and random days off for the High Holidays (including today) has led me to this one morning. The first time when I woke up, snuggled with the Bird, read a little of my book, watched an episode of the Backyardigans and came downstairs for breakfast with my girlies.

It wasn't until this moment, upon writing about it, that I thought of work. It's been a laaazy relaxing morning, picking through the fridge and what would be a bread box if we had one, to scrounge up breakfast, read a little New York magazine and check in here with you.

My shoulders are low, my back doesn't hurt, and I'm considering crawling back into bed fairly soon. I would like nothing more than to spend all day in bed. I suppose I could but the kids would be bored.

But I look forward to a time when I could have just one day (or several) laaazing in bed, reading, perhaps with a breeze coming through the windows, and maybe the sound of rolling waves on the shore. You know that feeling? I ache for it.

Maybe my honey and I will be able to do that sometime before we're 50.

For now, I'll treasure the opportunity to move a little slower, to not be tied to my desk or my email, to not answer the phone every time it rings. Unless, of course, it's you. :-)

3 comments:

Carol Blymire said...

Perfection. Let's make plans to be lazy November 9-11. :)

pdxblogmommy said...

YYAAAAAAAAAYY!! Sounds like a plan!

Anonymous said...

What?? No mention of the bread pudding?