How droll...
Instead, I shall blog abouot FALL! I loooove fall. It's my favorite time of the year. This is likely because I grew up close enough to the Berkshires in Massachusetts and visited each fall to see the leafy gorgeousness of the colors, smell the crisp air, eat the fresh apples and wear a sweater and jeans in the perfect sunlight.
Fall here in Portland can be like that too. But this morning around 1AM, Fall hit with a vengeance. Wet, driving rain and wind blowing through my curtains forcing me to mop up the wetness with the closest face towel I could find. I had to run through the house and close windows.
But even then, the air smelled so clean, the breeze was fierce and crisp but not cold. I just adore it. Today is gray, with clouds hanging low, and rain on and off. This is what we will have periodically from now through May. I'm ok with that. It makes me want to cook, and bake, and nest.
Chag Sameach to all of you reading who are observant in one way or another. It is my hope that those of you East of here are relieved of your heat soon and that the pleasure of fall and the wonderful colors and smells it brings are to follow shortly. And since much of the weather on the East Coast comes to you from out here in the West, I trust this will be happening toute-de-suite!
Today I'm cooking.
1 comment:
September in Washington? Eighty-seven degrees today, and we might hit a low of 83 all next week. WHOOT!!!!!!!!!! We won't have fall until November 5th, and then on Nomveber 6th, it will snow.
Post a Comment