A specific older child in my household has been nothing short of a big old pest today. About as pleasant as a skeeter in August in the swampy south heading towards a fleshy sweaty thigh or perhaps a bloated ankle. It's deserving of a swat but you'll never get it and soon enough you'll have a welt.
Today I have a big welt from this skeeter. She has whined since she awoke at 7:30 this morning. WHERE DOES THIS SOUND COME FROM? I found myself copying her so she could hear what she sounded like. She didn't like it any more than I did but it didn't stop her.
And so tonight after listening to the whining all day, we treated ourselves (and thus her) to turkey burgers from Humdinger, a local burger place who laughs each time we place an order but they're always ready for us. I think they know my honey by name by now, though it sounds like we go more often than we do. It's just that we're probably the only ones who order 4 TBs at a time.
They were good. :-) So were the tater tots.
And she's quiet now, thank you-know-who, and I don't mean Voldemort.
We grocery shopped today since we had, um, NOTHING in the house this week. We scraped by until this moment when we could go to Trader Joe's and LOAD UP. Which we did and it was cathartic.
I think tomorrow I'll go get on the eliptical for a half hour or so to make up for my burger and tots this evening. If I do it'll be a miracle. But I'm thinking about it which is already different than MOST of my days. Just one step closer to working out in my year of ME.
Keep those resolutions coming!
2 comments:
I resolve to concentrate more on my book so I meet the deadline on time. But, of course, here I am reading and responding to your blog, so I'm gonna have to work harder on that one. XXX
chirp chirp chirp. Here's hoping.
Post a Comment