Welcome back all y'all! And Happy Birthday Mom!
We're back into the grind here having returned from our trip to NYC. First one as a family in a year and a half. I can't believe it had been that long but now that this one is over and done with it doesn't surprise me. It's HARD to travel with kids!
I think I have learned to lower my expectations of what can be accomplished when traveling with two small children. We get to do what THEY want to do and when they deem it's time. Otherwise, we pay the price. Sometimes we can convince them that they want to do what we want to do, but it is a rare thing.
"Yes, of course!" you say!
And there you have it. One of the many facts of life (Blair).
I am in the process of declaring 2008 as the year of ME. The year I get to do things for myself...workout more, get my haircut when I need to, manicures when I want to, dinner and movies and dates with my husband and friends, nice drives on nice days...the year of ME means doing some things that make me happy and putting myself in the number one position now and then.
How hard can that be? I think it sounds like fun!
What are your New Year's resolutions?
3 comments:
Woo hoo! Let's hear it for you!! Even if I am a little miffed at you now for putting the "Fact of Life" theme song in my head.
Thank you for the birthday greetings. I'm resolving to exercise more and so far I haven't moved off the couch. But I'm thinking about it.
Hey!! I missed you on Xmas and I missed your blog. :-) My sis and I have started a food-themed blog which hasn't officially "launched" yet but I think I sent you the entry about christmas in Ireland... which was great though lacking in That Family Flavor of course.
Good for you on all that by the way...
My resolutions: to re-start my yoga practice, to do something every day to move my career forward, to quit my day job. you heard it here first. :-))
Post a Comment