Once that term related only to some weird shark cartoon in the 80's we were watching at one point in our lives. Now it's all I can think of. I think that I'll start calling the Bird "Jabberjaws".
I realized today that my three year old must hate the sound of silence because she NEVER stops talking. It is a constant barrage of questions, statements, tunes, and stories fired at me st every waking minute of the day when we're together. Like when she sleeps it's all bottled up waiting to be shared. I often question her hearing because she'll ask me the same question over and over even though I've answered her a million times and then have stopped because she's harrassing me. Then I realize she KNOWS the answer, she just wants to keep the sound active.Mom, where are we going now? Where are we going? Mom...where are we going? Are we going to someone's house? Who's house are we going to?" Seriously...add to that that often if we're not in the car, she's tapping at me or pulling on me or shoving her hands up my shirt. I can take it all to a point but then I just have to tell her to stop talking. For instance, tonight getting her to bed..."mama, can I have that book to look at?", "Yes honey but just for a second and then it's bed time." and then she proceeds to tell the story of the book to herself, and then make up some extra stories and then request my presence and tell me I have to come back and check on her in one minute and then this goes on for ten minutes until finally I have to say "STOP TALKING and go to sleep! I can't check on you if you don't let me leave and you don't attempt to go to bed!"
Whew....I'm so used to it that I don't realize how often this goes on until she's asleep and I can think.
Jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jaws....nyark, nyark, nyark...
Anyone else remember that show? I know I'm not making this up.
Signing off now so I can rest peacefully this evening before it begins all over again.
Shavuah Tov...A good week to you.
No comments:
Post a Comment