It's annoying....
In the silence your brain is singing some song you cannot turn off. No matter what you do or where you go, it follows you the second you're not *specifically* thinking of something else. On the toilet - humming it, washing the dishes - tapping your toes. In dead silence? There it is.
I play this game all the time because nothing amuses me more than planting something so obscure yet SO catchy that it's with someone (else) all day. I, too, have fallen prey more times than I can count. But it's ALWAYS the unintentional song poison that stays with me forever. And it's always the WORST POSSIBLE THING TO BE CAUGHT HUMMING. That thing when people look at you and go with a snarky tone "Huh. Really?" like you're some freak that's diseased.
Well folks, today that is me with HANNAH MONTANA on the brain. No cool, obscure Beatles tune for me. No great Eagles strummer, no random 80's pop, no driving Lynard Skynard, no Boston, no Heart. HANNAH FRICKIN' MONTANA. And a really annoying one too. And of course I don't know all the words so I have to sing the SAME DAMN LINE OVER AND OVER.
Seriously...it's times like this when I think Disney is the devil.
2 comments:
My sister and I often played the ear worm game, trying to poison the other with awful, horrid, embarassing songs to have implanted in your head for the day...or week. Ah, the joys of siblings!
I really DO love you!! :D
Post a Comment