Sunday, October 11, 2009

Apple Season

This weekend my favorite store highlighted all the apples they have to offer from our local farmers. They have 34 different varieties in the store right now.

I love apples but I especially love tasting all the different kinds that are available only right now at this peak of the season. It started for me with the making of the Pink Pearl applesauce from the most gorgeous apples I have ever seen. I then bought Orange Cox Pippin Apples, Ginger Gold apples (mix between a golden delicious and a granny smith), Cortland apples and then I had to get some honeycrisps because they're the best eating apple ever. But THIS week, I found Ambrosia apples, Orin Sweet winter apples, Swiss Gourmet apples and Liberty apples. You never knew that there were so many different kinds with so many different tastes but it's just the best to try them all and see how different they all are. We're all relaly enjoying the bounty. I'll have to go back for more before they're all gone.

Today is the last day of breezy sunny and chilly weather before the rains set in later this week. It is a glorious weekend with bright sun, cool temps, and blowing leaves and is my absolute favorite time of the year.

I hope fall is making you all equally happy wherever you may be.

1 comment:

The Boo said...

glad you're back!