I'm a month off but who cares. I've downloaded iPhone apps to help me this time. Woohoo!
iPhone apps are the way to go. This one I have takes music from my iPod and shuffles it into my workout for me. The app is called Couch to 5K and it takes you on a day by day regimen to get you to get off that sofa (known as your ass, or in this case MY ass which is sofa sized) and get moving towards running a 5K. I have another one called Lose It in which I track what I've eaten throughout the day in an electronic food log. Maybe the cool factor will keep me with it.
I fantasize about running. I read Runner's Worl, pouring through articles getting inspired to run. I DID run once in my life and it felt good. Of course I wasn't so heavy before I got started so I went from walking to running in not a lot of time altogether. Still, I can imagine the feeling and I dream about the PEACE of running. The alone time, the time to think or just keep the beat of my pace or look around at other people. Time to be truly alone with myself. to sort things out or just zone out. I think that's what's so appealing about it, the alone time.
So yeah, I'm not going to do too much running just yet. I'll work my way up. Wouldn't want to shock my already overloaded system TOO much.
2010 is my year. I can feel it. Go me!
1 comment:
Go you!! and please keep writing--it makes you feel not so far away and that way those of us out here can offer our virtual encouragement. That is amazing that you love running--I have always wished I had that in me--I love the IDEA so much. But the alone time with my thoughts is pretty much the only thing that keeps me going back to the gym. it's quite precious.
Post a Comment