Monday, January 15, 2007

5 Days and Counting

So, um, yeah...I leave in 5 days on a long trip away from my family. It'll be the first trip on my own beyond 4 days that I have not been with my husband. Of course, HE has been on longer trips without me for work, but I can't recall being away from him for more than 4 days since we've been together. That's a long time.

I have certainly never been away from the Peanut and the Bird for that long. In fact, I only just recently spent a night here without having the Bird here. It was weird. I woke up a few times thinking I heard the baby crying when in fact I knew she was at her grandparents.

So what will happen for 10 nights without them all?

Well, one of two things will happen.

1. I will never sleep through the night.

2. I will sleep through the night.

Shall we guess which one it'll be? You chose #1?? DING DING DING DING!!

I will NEVER sleep through the night. Well, alright. Not NEVER exactly. I likely will the first night if I can get adjusted. I'll be exhausted. Beyond that, however, I just can't imagine I'll sleep.

I did pick up a little Tylenol PM to try so maybe that'll help. But I'm not holding my breath. I need to pick up some cold medicine because NO DOUBT I'll get a cold (since the Bird currently has a whopper of one). Maybe THAT will help.

Anyway, lots still to do. Things to get, iPods to update, socks to buy...you name it.

I am also hoping that I'll get a smashingly great mani/pedi in New York while I'm there before I leave. I need to make that a priority since it's been MANY years since I had both.

Today is Martin Luther King day. I think the kids should be IN SCHOOL learning about Martin Luther King and all he did for this country. But they're out. I have laundry to fold and unfortunately, also Barbies to play with.

Ciao to my peeps. I'll blog again before I'm off...

No comments: