Thursday, January 04, 2007

Harley David (Son of a Bitch!)

Dammit!

This song has not left my head since I discovered it for the first time this weekend whilst drinking with my homies The Diner Girl and UncaJonShea.

It was one of those things where you THINK you're hearing something, not really listening at first, but then REALLY listening because you can't believe what you're hearing.

Yeah, the Bollock Brothers sing Harley David (Son of a Bitch!). (I'd link to it but iTunes doesn't have it. Check elsewhere...) This is my new favorite song after Dick In A Box from SNL (which has to be FIRST).

Is it bad that a woman my age spends a weekend with her honey and her oldest and dearest pals and comes away singing these two tunes? Nah....40 ish is the new 30 ish, right? RIGHT?

I'm still coming off the high of having them here. The shock value alone was really awesome, but the weekend rolled on rather slowly and it was WONDERFUL. I savored the moments we had, knowing they'd be leaving soon, enjoying my children enjoying them as we wanted them to, and really living in the moment.

While we still laugh at jokes DECADES old at this point, we also have new jokes now (thank G-d), and stories to tell each other. We can talk about pretty much anything. Really. Anything. And did.

There's something liberating about a weekend like this. Not that we're all reserved or anything with the friends we've made here. But they see different sides of us I think. The "dark side", as we call our sick senses of humor, shows only vaguely now and again. I think the longer we stay here and the more we get to know our friends, the more they'll see the buried silliness from our pasts. Some know it's there. I think more of our friends know it's there...lurking. We just need some time away from all of our kids to let loose a little. :-)

Anyway, I digress...we had SUCH a great time. I miss them already. I am hungry for the feeling of being with them and need to make some plans soon so that it's not too long before we get to do it again.

Harley David - Son of a Bitch! Damn! I love that song.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! Both songs.
Sounds like a great weekend. Laughter is the best cure-all there is.

Carol Blymire said...

Wait -- can we talk about Daniel Craig some more, because oh. my. god. I >heart< him. I think he's my new Edward Norton.