My very brave and talented cousin RH has a page and blog on My Space which I don't visit often enough. This morning I logged on and caught up with her blog postings and happened upon a wonderful PODCAST of her from an Irish radio station (ooooh...how totally hip and updated I am) which was awesome and fun to listen to.
The whole My Space experience feels awkward to me. I have to admit that I approach My Space with the same fear and slight disgust that I approach a stinky diaper. I'm just not sure what's going to happen and just the act of signing in to My Space makes me fear for my email address and the CRAP that will end up in my inbox.
Nevertheless, with my signing in, I have thus created my own space on My Space which is literally devoid of any information about me other than my first name. I don't need My Space friends. I don't get to see my REAL space friends so much anymore. My sole purpose of being there is to see her and read about all the cool things she's doing at home and on the road. It's completely worth it.
If you DARE to visit, you should. But better than that is to just go to her web page.
3 comments:
cute! thanks for the shout out.:-) And yes,MySpace is a blight on our world.But as a musician I am obligated. Thanks for venturing out there.
oh and also "RealSpace Friends" is funny.
oh, don't be scared of MySpace, silly! I actually created an account so that I could keep up with one or two specific people that wouldn't e-mail otherwise, and it's been okay so far. I have minimal information on there, and yet I still get friends requests from bisexual Brazilian women and witches (does that say something about me??) And I frequently forget to check the site. I've heard that it's no longer cool for kids (it's all about Facebook now)and the largest number of new users are in their 40's! 'Cause that's when we need imaginary friends!!
I liked MySpace when it first came out in 1994 and it was called AOL.
"dum faget"
Post a Comment