Chag Purim everyone! Yesterday we celebrated Purim at work/school. It's a silly holiday really where we tell and retell the story of Queen Esther and her cousin Mordechai and how they saved the Jews in Shushan from the evil Haman.
Aside from the silly costumes and the plethora of Purim Schpiels that go on throughout the land, there are also Hamentaschen EVERYWHERE. Little triangular cookies often filled with fruit and sometimes other things like poppyseeds (yuck) or in the case of the one of FOUR I ate yesterday, it was filled with chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. The others were prune.
So I cheated a bit yesterday. They're not enormous cookies mind you, but the guilt felt yesterday as I thought about my weakness was apparently NOT enough to stop me from eating them in the first place.
Ah...it's a slippery slope and I am VASTLY aware of how quickly things can change.
So it is with renewed will that I approach this next week. I am feeling good and looking SO much better already and am down 20 pounds. I look forward to my workouts (even though I hurt) and I am usually unafraid to weigh in. This makes me happy. :-)
The Bird and the Peanut dressed as queen esther yesterday and I have a cute photo to share with you. But I have to download it first. I'll post it as soon as I can. Cutie girls... :-)
Happy Spring everyone! We have daffodils and budding trees. What do you have springing forth?
3 comments:
Aw right. Forgive yourself and keep on keeping on. A one-time slip is not a problem. Just get back on the bus and keep your destination in mind. You're already lookin' good.
damn it's not taking my comments. trying again.
20 pounds??!! AWESOME
Dont sweat it. Its what you do after a slip thatmatters more than during.
I'm trying to quit caffeine myself.
send those pictures...
me
TOTALLY AWESOME!!! 20 pounds already. I am inspired and impressed! Way to go! Other comment is right - "Falling off the wagon" isn't as big a deal as getting back on track.
Post a Comment