Pounds....yes, it's slowed a bit now but still going down and isn't that what's important? HELL YEAH! It feels good to do well. I am trying not to think too much about the future and take it a day at a time because you never know how circumstances can change. But I've made some decent decisions lately and I'm proud of those decisions and how I've reacted, so it's progress.
Aside from all this, I've been working so hard lately my brain feels like it's going to explode. So many cool but challenging things going on at work, I hope I can keep track of it all. It will NOT be easy but it's pretty fun most of the time. I could do without the stress.
My lovely friend Carol posted an evil,wicked, funny, creative April Fool's joke on her French Laundry at Home blog. She was even picked up by New York magazine! Not too shabby! I love reading the comments and seeing how many people fell for it. And, if nothing else, it's cool to see how many fans she has. For everyone that comments there's about a thousand more that don't!
But I have been singing the Golden Girls theme song since then (see her post). I'm none too pleased about that.
Separately, in the world of Peanuts and Birds, the Bird fell and scraped up her face yesterday. She has two parallel scrape lines from the top of her forehead to her cheek and is now walking around with a huge bandage on her forehead. Thank goodness she can't see herself because she looks AWFUL. We're being diligent about neosporin and bandages so keep your fingers crossed for no scarring.
The Peanut is working hard in her TK (transitional kindergarten) class. We're investigating whether or not she can skip Kindergarten and head straight into First Grade because we believe she's academically ready. She's close enough in age for sure and is physically a head taller than most of the kindergarteners. The school is doing the right thing and investigating where she stands academically to make an informed decision. So we'll see how it goes. I'll keep you all posted.
Anyway, TTFN folks. I'll write again soon, I hope.
4 comments:
Yippee! Whoooop-de-dooo!
You go Girl.
:-)
Right ON with the weight loss! It feels good to see the results of your suffering at least. :)
Looking good!
S
seriously nothing to sneeze at. keep it up. sorry about the girls' scrapes & falls.
Woo-hoo on the big 2-4!
I think I have put on the 24 you've lost since I've been in LA for the past three days. All I've done is eat and take naps. Glorious vacation, indeed!!!
Post a Comment