It's official. I am the worst blogger ever. Not because I'm a crappy writer...though that may be true...but mostly because I don't write...which is DEFINITELY true.
I am down 33 pounds. I had a nice 3 week plateau which slowed things down for a bit but then it kicked into gear. Bodies are funny, ain't they? Anyway...it's going well. I need to go shopping a bit. The two pairs of pants I have can only carry me so far before they carry themselves to the dry cleaner and I'm bottomless and that's not good. Yet.
I've added walking/jogging to my exercise schedule 2 times a week at 5:30AM with a friend. That makes 4 workouts a week. I hope I can keep at it. Naturally, being the person I am, I need to be responsible by meeting someone there to get it done or it doesn't happen. No personal trainer? No exercise. Friend on business trip? No walking. Funny how that is, eh? Funny, but not shocking. It's how I got myself here in the first place....or one of the ways, indeed.
Anyway, 33 pounds aint too shabby. My gut? That's shabby...flabby. I see some surgery in my future. We'll see.
So far...I'm not tired of my friend Jenny. I skip some meals sometimes or don't have time to eat always and that is my ENEMY. So is wine. Wine is also my enemy. I like it. It relaxes me. And we've had two Friday nights recently with a lot of wine. This Friday it'll be lots of salad and that'll be a nice change of pace. Especially for my hubby who won't have to run Saturday morning with a hangover like the last two Saturday mornings. He gets credit for running anyway, though, doesn't he? It's impressive. But LIKE ME, he meets people and doesn't want to let them down, so he goes.
It's been a crazy, busy, hellish, mind-blowing week so far. Friday needs to come soooooooon. So I can eat salad. NOT drink wine.
Today it was 70 degrees in Portland and tomorrow will be 90. Yesterday it was about 60. What the H is going on? This is how weird health problems emerge and storms are created. I see a week of tornadoes in the future for the mid-west. Because weather like this must travel and will create havoc in it's wake I predict. Nostradamus, eat your heart out.
Last week was Yom Ha'Atzmaut - Israeli Independence Day. We had an event at work and 600 people showed up. I was SOOOOOOO PROUD of us. It was a great and fun time and it was wonderful to see so much of the community show up. It'll be hard to top that one.
The end of this month and next month brings visits from family. It's been a VERY long time and considering flight cost and gas prices, it's nice that my little family of four doesn't have to do the schlepping.
Kudos to Vicki for coming out here for the first time in 11 years! I'm SOOOOO excited to have you!
TTFN all...
6 comments:
What the hell's a Ha'Atzmaut? (watch out for that I-270 spliiiiiiiiiiittt!!!!!)
Yay for Vicki!
mom is very excited to come!! and I may,MAY be able to be there too.we'll see how my break from my three-month pseudo grad school lines up (3-months of the Shakespeare Lab at th Public Theatre!!)
i did miss your blog.we continue to hammer away at ours.
Welcome back and congratulations!!
You are too cool for me! What an amazing accomplishment.....you go girl!
Wish I could join the sister and come out....i guess it's her turn to visit with the brother.xoxoxo
'Bout time! I've been checking every day for a month. Nice to see you back. Can't wait to see you in person.
Yeah you, 33 puonds is AWESOME!!! Hey going to be in Seattle next month--any chance you feel like meeting your old camp buddy?
Post a Comment