Monday, June 30, 2008

Up with people!

Scary, super show choirs that entertain middle america aside...my up with people refers to me being up, as in weight gain, as in bloat, as in lack of focus, as in...well, you get the drift.

We spent a lot of time eating out last week and I didn't focus too hard on being entirely great either. Mind you, I was NO WHERE NEAR the eating I have been known to do in my life, but I wasn't overly careful about my portion sizes or salt intake or water drinking and dammit it SHOWS on that scale.

Considering the family in town this week and the liklihood that we'll be eating out for dinner most nights I have an enormous challenge on my hands. I think the strategy is to eat my dinner before we go anywhere so my own guilt will stop me from going overboard and I'll stick to small salads while out. And perhaps a cocktail. I can only be SO brave.

I'm VERY excited about this family visit but it'll be a food challenge all around. I need to make sure to get the workouts in too. If nothing else, perhaps it'll get my mind in the right frame for the week.

Wish me luck. I'll report in when I can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The key is to hit it as soon as you see it starting. That's what you're doing, so it should show results next week. Enjoy the family; their visit is about time together, not food. Vicki will help I'm sure if you want her too. Brook Shields once said she used to buy a lettuce and crunch on it as a snack. Crunch is good. ;-)

Anonymous said...

oh how long it has been since I commented.

Ok, in short, me too.. my birthday/holiday weekend.. things got sloppy over here. But the key is to see it, note it, get back on the horse, basically what CTgramma said. :-)

xxoo so sorry to ahve missed the fun, but boy did I memorize some shakespeare and turn another year older.