Saturday, June 14, 2008

Summer Strep

I didn't think it was possible since I haven't had it since I was about 20 or so...but here it is with a big ole "HELLO! I'VE MISSED YOU" kind of enthusiasm. I am recovering from a week's worth of Strep Throat - my old friend. I never thought you could get this again since, you know, you're supposed to grow out of it and it has been so long since I had it last.

Complete with fever and the shakes, complete with pain that almost made me barf, complete with the energy of a sickly tree sloth and moving about that fast, I finally got to the doctor to confirm what I knew in my sloggy brain that I had. And then there was amoxicillin.

Ah.......

While I was kind of hoping for instant relief, it came about a day and a half later and now I'm feeling better.

But wait...there's more.

My honey got it too.

I am really praying the Bird and the Peanut steer clear. I don't think I can take off much more work.

Keep your fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's tough to be sick when you're a kid; it's miserable to be sick when you're an adult. Glad you're feeling better. Hopefully, this will give you a little immunity going forward.