Usually, to mark this holiday of our independence, we throw a huge party here, prep for days, clelan up for days afterwards. This year we bagged it. Not because it wasn't fun to do. It IS! It WAS! But not this year. Too tired. Small child. No desire to clean and prep.
We had a quiet day. We car shopped a little, we BBQ'd here, drank some sangria I made which was really GREAT, watched fireworks on TV and out my window and went to sleep at a decent hour.
Most people I spoke with had a really quiet 4th this year. Maybe the fact that it was on a Wednesday made a difference. I think probably so.
Regardless, I hope you got to take a little time off to refresh yourself a bit. Taking a break is a really good thing.
Enjoy the weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment