So now that I'm a working woman again, I had REALLY been looking forward to a three day weekend. I mean REALLY looking forward to it. Because, after all, I was going to not have to use my brain for three days, or worry about anything, or run around like a crazy woman, or multitask until my eyes bulged out of my head.
And then I realized something.
I still have my children.
So this three day weekend was not all it was cracked up to be, nor did I relax as much (or at all) as I wanted to. Nor did my brain get some relief.
This is a fact - once you are a parent of young children, there IS NO relaxing.
So in some small sick way, I look forward to heading back to work. It's somewhat more predictable. Sorta.
How about you guys? Anything good this weekend? Movies? Beach? Relaxation?
This weekend I head to the beach with one of my very dearest friends and 80-something other women I barely know for a women's retreat. I am hoping that at least THAT proves to be somewhat relaxing. Not restful, mind you, I'm not that dumb, but relaxing would be splendid. Because, dammit, I deserve it.
No comments:
Post a Comment