Jenny Jenny...who can I turn to..?
You give me something I can hold on to.
Yes friends...I have joined Jenny Craig and not because I love her or she's my friend, but because I realized that I have a food obsession and I'd rather have an exercise obsession, or some other, more healthy obsession. So, by going on this program, I don't really need to even think about food or preparing food, I just need to eat (and we all know I can do that), but eat what they give me and supplement with vitamins, fruits and veggies.
Mindless and relatively easy. It should be. But it's a struggle to get started and I am consumed with worry over holidays and gatherings and what the hell I'll do. I love to cook, but it's hard not to eat when you cook and taste everything. Especially at holiday time when you've waited all year to eat some of the things you make. NOT eating them this year will be tricky.
Perhaps a VACATION at that time would be pertinent! I actually think that's an awesome idea.
I went in there this week and looked the lady straight in the eye and told her "I need this to be the LAST time I do this. I will lie, cheat, and worm my way out of it and you need to help call me on it and keep me focused." So that they have pledged to do. I would appreciate your help too. As long as its not the first topic of conversation all the time. As I mentioned, I need NOT to be food obsessed.
It has all started well and I've lost almost 3 pounds this week. But I've also been home with Ellie trying to keep her busy and happy while she's been sick (not easy) and I've spent a lot of time in the kitchen which has kept my mind on food and made me realize how work ( though hard) has been a blessing since I can't be snacking all day. I'm looking forward to getting back into the office and away from constant kitchen temptation.
So....where should I go on my vacation? Who's taking the kids?
3 comments:
YOU'RE taking the kids! And we'll all go to Sunriver since we didn't do our annual trip and need to go somewhere, too :)
I'll come stay with the kids while you guys go away... as long as you're okay with them learning things like "Oh no you di-in't" and "Work it, girl" and "Drop it like it's hot" and "LA facr with an Oakland booty" -- and saying them at totally inappropriate times.
I'm with Carol--let's get those girls to truly embarass their parents in public! All the while, you should be in a tropical environment--Caribbean maybe?
Post a Comment