Friday, February 15, 2008

Window of Opportunity

I don't usually have a window of opportunity. For months I have wanted to blog from my office where I spend most of my days. Especially when I want to take a moment and be ME for a minute. I have never been able to do so until now. I don't know how I got this window, but I LIKE IT! :-)

Jenny helped me lose 7 pounds! Isn't she nice? She knows just what I need. What a good friend.

Seriously, it's been FAIRLY easy since I began this program. I cannot say that I haven't slipped, I cannot say that I am never hungry and am always satisfied, but in the scheme of things, I'm doing pretty well and I am grateful for the opportunity NOT to think about food.

I am hoping that my food obsession becomes an exercise obsession. We'll see if that comes to fruition. But I need to work at it and that is my intention and that's often half the battle. Well, deciding to even DO SOMETHING is half the battle. DOING it is the other half.

Anyway, two major milestones for me this year are:
1) Doing something nice and feeling good about myself when we reach our 10th anniversary this summer.
2) Doing something nice and feeling good about myself when I reach 40 in December.

And WHAT we do isn't as important as me looking FIERCE when we do it!

Better get my ass to the gym...

More at least next week...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So wonderful! You have to take good care of yourself. It's a great gift to give the girls, too. When you're happy, everyone around you is happy. Especially me. :-D

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome start to your weight loss goal!!! You go!

Sharon

The Boo said...

FIERCE YO