Monday, March 12, 2007

And May I Just Say...

That even though I am a suburban, Oregon living, mom of two little girls, I still LOVE LOVE LOVE R.E.M. and tonight they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame which I accidently caught on "VH1 Classic" of all things. Eddie Veder (whom I also love) did a fine fine job of putting into words why R.E.M. is so awesome, introduced them and then R.E.M. played the Waldorf Ballroom.

Wow.

They still got it. Thank G-d for small favors.

I saw them in 1983, opening for the Cowboy Junkies who opened for U2. And about 7 times since then. I loved them then and still do.

I just never get to listen to them.

Well, maybe sometimes, in between Backyardigans songs and "Hello Everybody".

Tonight they played from Murmur which was a treat and a damn nice reminder that I still like great music.

No comments: