So last night we had this Federation event I helped to organize.
It was supposed to happen in January just before my trip but it was pushed off due to snow. Of course, it's been snowing here for the last two days, giving us just a little bit of a scare that we'd have to reschedule again. But thankfully we didn't have to and the event went as planned.
It was in a very cool (and quite literally cool) space. An art gallery filled with wall sized incredible pieces. It was like being in a SOHO gallery space here in PDX. So a little unusual for sure. But it was big and open and lit well and the music was grand.
It was called "Ask A....Food Critic". It was the first in what I'm hoping will be a series of events (ie. Ask A...Master Gardener, Ask A...Pediatrician, Ask A...whatever people are interested in) that are similar in hopes of getting people to know the committee that I'm on a little better and perhaps get involved in Federation. These events are strictly outreach related so there's no pitch other than a short announcement telling people who we are and why we do what we do.
I think it all went SWIMMINGLY last night. Everyone had a great time. We met some new people, got the names of some restaurants we're going to try if we EVER get out without the kids.
Our guest of honor was funny and charming and intelligent and perfect for the event. I think we could have been there for hours asking her questions. So I am REALLY pleased at how it turned out.
And now, I can breath again. At least until the next event. Whenever that may be....
No comments:
Post a Comment