I love a party. Especially one I can throw. I love inviting people and having them come and enjoy themselves. I stress out over but love the cooking process and making good things and seeing people enjoy it all.
So it came as no shock to me that when I looked down at my Seder list and counted people and children, the number was at 37.
Now normally, when we have a big crowd like that, it's a BBQ and everyone's outside, or milling around, or sitting on the sofa or whatever. Hell, we've had over 60 here for BBQs in the summer. But 37 for a sit down dinner and a Seder? For the first time in my entertaining life, I had to stop the madness and cancel. CRAZINESS.
I wish I had it in me. I think I do, I just think I came to the realization too late. If I had ALWAYS planned for that number, we'd be fine. I would rearrange a bit, rent what I needed and prepare in enough time to get it done. But this was more of an organic growth. And I was caught unprepared.
It makes me a bit sad because we would have had such an interesting crowd of people and kids, some Jews, mostly non-Jews, and some who have never been to a Seder before. I still WANT all those people here, I just cannot accommodate them all this year. I'll have to figure out how to do it sometime.
Anyway, we'll still celebrate here, just more intimately, with our regulars.
Chag Sameach my lovlies...more later...
No comments:
Post a Comment