Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Oh another day...

Motherhood is tough.

To love and give when you want to shut down and ignore is really hard. And knowing there's no end in sight for the whining and poking and pulling and ignoring and the whining (did I already mention whining? Wait, lemme say it again. Whining. There.) for a few years seems like a painful eternity at times.

And yet there's deliciousness hidden in these moments too. When my 19 month old snaps back at me with attitude that she's picked up from me or her sister more likely, it's hard not to laugh. When a few silly faces can evoke giggles and brightness in their eyes, it's like heaven on earth.

But it's all very hard to put into perspective when you're exhausted all the time.

Money (like lottery winnings) would help because, if nothing else, we could take a long luxurious vacation or two during the year. Needless to say, we don't do that. Just any recharging of the batteries is a scheduling snafu half the time and it gets so hard to do on a regular basis that it's just easier not to bother.

But then I feel like this...worn down by my own life half the time. Glimmers of hope here and there, but mostly just tired and in need.

Depressing post, eh? It's just that you're checking and reading and I'm posting. This is how I feel today. It's not every day. I don't think.

I did have a good meeting last night at Federation. I am constantly surrounded by really smart women. Thank goodness. Not only there...I mean, definitely there, but in other parts of my life too. Smart women. They like me, they must be smart. :-)

Anyway...off to get a good night's sleep I hope. That should help to recharge a bit. Perhaps then I can post in a more positive way tomorrow! :-)

No comments: