I never even got to dinner.
By the time you've eaten the matzah, then the Hillel sandwich, then the egg, then the gefilte, then the matzah ball soup , and then maybe some salad, who in the hell as time for dinner?
Not me. I skipped the dinner part.
Dessert I couldn't skip though. Such interesting things you can do with matzah farfel!
We had a glorious time with our friends who are incredible and very generous hosts. Our table company couldn't have been more fun, the kids cooperated, the Bird fell asleep in her high chair rather early on and stayed asleep the whole time, right in the middle of the action. The Peanut got to hand out her Plague masks and finger puppets and enjoyed seeing the grown ups trying them on.
It was a lot of fun. Warm, loving, funny...how better to celebrate if I can't be with my own family back East?
I hope your Seders were fun and not too lengthy. More than anything, I hope you are starting traditions that you enjoy.
I think this is my favorite holiday.
Chag Sameach! (This is the more correct way of wishing you a Happy Holiday.)
No comments:
Post a Comment