Tonight, the Peanut and I attended the birthday party of a cute friend of hers up in an ENORMOUS house in a lovely neighborhood in the hills. I knew that all the little girls would be in cute little party dresses. Real girlie girls...which, often, I'd consider her to be. But tonight she chose to wear sweatpants. Lavendar sweatpants and the t-shirt given to her by the gym where she had her birthday party just a week ago.
Now, granted, this is the outfit she had on this afternoon before the party. She just didn't want to change. I even mentioned putting on a dress and she said "no". No! The child whom I bought shorts and t-shirts for for camp this summer who ONLY wanted to wear dresses and skirts to play in the sand and the dirt. She has a party at a nice house and she keeps wearing the sweatpants. Never let it be said that my daughter is a pansy-assed lemming who follows the crowd. She is one-of-a-kind. I only hope she keeps that sense of self through her teenage years.
Regardless of her chosen outfit, she had a wonderful time with all of her little school friends from last year. It was nice to see them all playing together again. They're all split up this year with the birthday girl even going to a new school. It will take effort to maintain these friendships (some easier than others, of course) but it's worth it.
Oh, and did I mention she spent the morning in a yellow flowy "Belle" dress that sprinkled yellow glitter throughout my house? I guess she got her girl on too early in the day... ;-)
Party moms were impressed that the Peanut signed the birthday card for her friend. It looked AWESOME, thankyouverymuch. Writing her name, when she has room, has become an easy thing for her. She enjoys it and I love to see it. I am very proud!
The Bird spent the day getting into trouble by splashing in the cat's dish of water and crawling up the stairs when our backs are turned. She never gets very far, but damn, she's persistant.
My very dearest friend, The Diner Girl, challenged me to write without mentioning family or the kids. I told her that without writing about the family and kids, there'd be no blog (hence, the NAME of the blog). Perhaps someday I'll have something really exciting to write about. Or something droll that has nothing to do with them or my dear husband, but then, they shape who I am in SO many ways. It's hard not to share them with you.
Yes, Diner Girl, there will be posts not intended to be about them. Maybe you should git yer Fried Mac n' Cheese loving butt out here to give me something to write about!! Chandler the Cheer Chicken and Brian Royal await...
Fa-lap heel, fa-lap heel, fa-lap ball change, fa-lap ball change
Fa-lap heel, fa-lap heel, fa-lap ball change, fa-lap plie
2 comments:
Do the heaven hop
DO THE HEAVEN HOP
(ba-doo-doo-doo-doo-DOO-DOO!!!)
>hop<
And might I just add that I didn't tell you NOT to write about the kids and hubby -- but that there are other things/observations in your life that help shape who you are. Those might be the things that will be hardest to write about, but challenges aren't all bad, are they?
Do it, or else I'll be forced to turn DinerGirl into a blog all about Jake's poop habits. And we all know how much fun that will be.
Post a Comment