We have a fun house. A GREAT playroom, lots of open space for kids to play, dress up clothes for little girls to enjoy and overall tons of kid-like toys and playthings. So inevitably, we have lots of kids come to play over here and the Peanut loves to entertain (as do mommy and daddy). This, in the last week, has forced several of the Peanut's friends to get so busy in their play that their bladder pressure doesn't give them a big signal to head to the loo. Instead, they pee their pants (or my floor) and tell mommy and daddy afterwards.
I think the only solution for this is to do what preschool does. Schedule bathroom time. Every half hour. This will make all visiting little ones and their parents happy I think. I'll try it out and let you know how it goes.
Aside from that, I have a wicked bad cold (props to S.G.) which is now settling into my chest (what fun). So bad, that last night I dreamt about feeling very congested in my chest. Like I couldn't take a deep breath without coughing and I spent the better part of those uncomfortable dreams searching for cold medicine. I dunno...you tell me...anyone else have dreams like that? Nothing exciting like sex or adventure or even the tornado dreams I used to have. No, I dreamt about finding cold medicine. Oh joy.
Last night we celebrated the ROSH with some good friends and their kids. 12 adults, 4 4-year olds and 5 one-year olds. It was a little zoo-ish but fun nevertheless. We only have dinners like that three times a year. Rosh Hashanah, Thanksgiving and usually Passover. It was a lot of work but a good time was had by all and it's nice to feel a sense of accomplishment and that I fed my friends well. What Jewish mom doesn't love that?
Jewish or not, I hope that you and your families have a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year. I'll say it again in December for the "regular" calendar New Year.
No comments:
Post a Comment