Saturday, November 18, 2006

Fun Night!

We went to a friend's house for Shabbat dinner last night and there were a total of four families...all with "little" girls, ranging in age from 1 (The Bird) to 12 I think! Whew!

It was casual and fun and lovely. And it was easy...easy conversation, relaxed atmosphere. Really, just a great night. I hope we all get to do it again soon because I really really like these people and we can't seem to get it together to see each other that often. I hope, maybe now, that'll change.

Maybe I'll host the next one and get everyone over here. But WAY after Thanksgiving. I have to get through that first.

Anyway, it was a great night and it was the perfect thing to help me forget the crap from the day before. At least for a little while.

What did you guys do last night? Hope it was nice and whatever you wanted it to be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had such a good time! We, also, had a very nice Shabbat dinner somewhere else (Thank G-d because I never could have pulled it off given the craziness of the last few days). We were blessed with multiple opportunities to say the Shecheyanu which made it that much more special. And, my lovely girl did a fairly good job with the d'var Torah, although now I have learned that she needs to eat FIRST - or she bever gets back to it after having everyone's attention :)

Anonymous said...

hey you
well, since you asked, I went for cheap ukrainian food in the east village. borscht and meat pierogis and stuffed cabbage. I was very much reminded of Grandma. And then I did a tarot reading for a friend and sat up talking for a while. Nice. But would rather skip to Monday when I will be in Dublin. (one track mind).

We will miss you on Thanksgiving!