Today it was announced that Greg Page, aka the Yellow Wiggle, is stepping down from the Wiggles due to health reasons. He has some rare disorder that makes him dizzy and nauseated and he cannot perform any longer. He's backing down and handing over the yellow shirt to one of their back up singers that's been with them for years.
Murray, aka the Red Wiggle, in trying to look on the bright side, mentioned that as long as kids see someone up there in a yellow skivvy with dark hair, they'll not notice a real difference. Do any of you parents out there with Wiggle fanatic children TRULY believe this to be true??
Personally, I've never seen them perform live which is sad because the Peanut loves them. Now they won't be the same and if they come through again, would the same crowds go? Greg is a very popular Wiggle!
Well, it's a sad day in the Wiggles world and in ours.
We send our best wishes to Greg and his family for learning to cope with all of this change in their lives. And of course, we thank him for helping to plant every single one of those songs in our heads over the years.
Good on ya, Greg! (Is that the right way to use that phrase?)
2 comments:
I have to tell you that I love The Diner Girl, but I don't get the fascination with Blair. Frankly, she's a bore. Does that date me? Probably. Guess you had to grow up with the show.
Glad to know that someone else is as sad as I am that we didn't make it to see the Wiggles Live with Greg. I was devastated! I haven't had the heart to tell the kids yet!
Post a Comment