Thursday, November 02, 2006

Semi Homemade Crap with Sandra "Lushie Poo" Lee

OK, so the Food Network is my "go to" channel when there's nothing else to watch. And I have only ever had the courage to sit through "Semi Homemade with Sandra Lee" a few times. But my dear friend The Diner Girl has a strange love/hate/mostly hate relationship with that show and told me about a few things this week that I just HAD to see, for they are the most ridiculous, far-fetched things I have ever heard.

"No!", I said. "There's NO WAY they would ever air that." I mentioned incredulously.

And thus, today, the proof arrived in my inbox and so I will share with you two trinkets of my disbelief.

1. The Hanukkah Cake

There's so much that is unbelievable about what I've heard about this segment on her show. Not the least of which is this cake which looks like something that might be sold at a bake sale at Hebrew school (made by the kids). Except it WOULDN'T be, you see, because it's made of Angel Food cake stuffed with MARSHMALLOWS. I think we all know that they're not kosher(gelatin). But EVEN if you didn't, the best part, I hear, is that in her haze of drunken "respect" for the holiday, she put it on her tablescape next to a HAM and a Menorah. Did I mention that she had a HAM on the table? Perhaps she had the Menorah next to the bacon-wrapped scallops (which I know many Jews eat, but that's NOT the point). G-d love her. She's pathetic and sad and so misguided.

2. The Kwanzaa Cake

Um, yeah...as I just responded to The Diner Girl in an email (because she left this morning, boo!), it looks literally like someone barfed on a strange birthday cake with corn nuts in their hand at the time.

Would YOU eat that? How is that not completely offensive?? Now, I admit, I did NOT see these episodes, but I'm guessing the Kwanzaa cake was on a tablescape with some watermelon and fried chicken.

Does someone at the Food Network have a little *thing* on the side with this woman? Can we not each think of a handful of regular people that we know who would do a better job? I know I would do a better job.

You'll never look at Angel Food cake the same way again, will you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL What a great laugh. Reminds me of those wonderful recipe cards we used to howl over. Was it early Weight Watchers? I'll have to look it up.

Anonymous said...

They were Weight Watchers! Here's the link: http://www.candyboots.com/wwcards.html