OK, no one told me it was the middle of December already.
I have this really cute box of cards waiting to be filled out and already I'm late. Hell, I feel like I'm still cleaning up from Thanksgiving!
But those cards are laying there in that cabinet, glowing and emitting some horrible noise that only I can hear. A constant reminder of what I haven't gotten around to yet which is greeting all of you for the holidays. And here we are, just one week before Hanukkah. Think I can get them all out this week? Well, no, never. But I may just concentrate on the Jewish families on my list and get cards out to them this week or next and then the rest of you Xmas celebraters can get yours a little later. I have some time. They don't overlap this year, thankfully.
CTGramma is coming for a visit this weekend. The Peanut woke up at 6AM and told me promptly that she cannot wait for Grandma to come. Can we just go get her? Sadly, no Peanut. She'll be here soon enough.
It's a very short trip this time around with really only two and a half days of visiting. None of us feel this is enough time for a good visit, but we'll take what we can get. I am grateful that my parents come as often as they do and that my brother makes it once a year. With them coming in this direction, we have more quality time together. When we make the trip back to NY it's chaos. So much to do and so many people to see and even two weeks time seems like it's not enough. In this direction, at least, the time is concentrated and together. No one is getting only half or some other fraction of a visit. So even two days, while too short, is better than what we could likely ever accomplish when we make it to the East Coast.
Anyway, with my limited time this morning, I need to go feed the hungry children and dogs. And maybe get together those cards and some addresses.
In case they don't get to you in time, please know we're thinking about you this holiday season. And we have two really cute kids who you may or may not get a photo of at some point.
No comments:
Post a Comment