Yes, yes, I know it's been a long time since my last posting but it's not like this is a relaxing time of year or anything.
My mother's visit was short but very sweet. She enjoyed the girls, and the girls enjoyed her. Never has the Peanut or my mother played "Barbie" so much in either of their lives. I, personally, *HATE* playing Barbie, so the Peanut was in heaven getting indulged by her grandmother.
My honey and I had a night out thanks to Gramma too, though, aside from a lovely drink with my BIL and SIL, the night was less than we hoped it would be and we didn't feel like we had a fair shot at it. Hopefully it won't be long before we can snatch a little time together again. We'll be smarter with our approach next time.
The rest of the week which included my birthday was less than stellar. The weather being WINTER and all puts a damper on everything including everyone's mood. But there were some bright spots too!
My honey got us some dinner and cake on Monday night and we had a nice family dinner and my honey and the Peanut sang me "Happy Birthday" which was lovely even though I apparently look like a monkey and smell like one too. Nevertheless, it was a nice ending to a day I wished was over as soon as it began.
The next night I had a surprise dinner out with some friends. It was wonderful, and fun, and relaxed, and perfect. I am EXTREMELY grateful for any chance I have to spend with these women without our children around. I felt great and am so glad we all got together.
We had an unbelievable wind storm last night. We never lost power but a lot of people did and so today there's a lot of clean up going on all over the city. The Peanut has no school so I think we'll do a little last minute shopping for Hanukkah.
Forgive me if it takes a little while to check in again. There's lots to do and no time to do it. But I suspect you're all in the same mode and so maybe you won't even be reading??
1 comment:
Oh....I'M reading....and I'm providing blog fodder for you tomorrow night - so I'll give you Shabbos off, but I'll be looking for something on Sunday!
Post a Comment