The Diner Girl hath arrived...again.
Yes, ladies and gents, my honey and I, while preparing for a quiet Friday night at home, had the surprise of a lifetime with the arrival of two of our very dearest friends for the New Year's Eve weekend. They were completely unannounced. There are not very many people in our lives that this would be acceptable from, but these guys are different (nice English...).
Do you all have friends like this? People you have loved for years and years, who you know so well, who you have experienced life's pleasures and pains with? I pray you do. It's the greatest gift I have ever been given that these two people (and stray others) are still in my life, as involved as they are, and know that they can come see us at any time and that my door is open to them as I know theirs would be for us.
So, yeah, these are friends we have known forEVER. And, upon our first night together, after dinner and the kids are sleeping all snuggled in their beds, we got HAMMERED and drunk dialed as many people from our pasts as we could google, within reason. A few were kind enough to call us the next day and recount the tales of woe and hilarity. I think there's a few out there that aren't speaking to us anymore...and, if you find this blog, please know that we really had a GREAT time and just wanted you all with us. One of our friends, in particular, answered the call Friday night and was the first to recount for us, on Saturday morning, the bowels of the evening we had. As it turns out, she was QUITE involved and often gave us SUGGESTIONS on who to call.
All I can say is that, if you didn't hear from us, be glad. It wasn't pretty. We're all either 40 or close to it. At SOME point we have to know that we can't do these things anymore. But my gut tells me that WELL into old age we'll be joking around, recounting stories, and spending time together. I cannot be responsible for what happens when we do.
Anyway, Happy New Year everyone! I'll write and check in with you early into the New Year!
2 comments:
It's been two weeks and STILL no call-back from Chad.
F-ing loser.
Oh, and p.s. -- when we're FIFTY, we still need to drunk-dial close-the-Michael-Doerr!
Post a Comment