Sunday, December 03, 2006

It's frickin' freezing in here...

OK, so last winter we had mild, mild, and more mild weather. No real snow, the ski slopes were begging for snow and it was slow on the mountain for sure.

So far, it not even being winter yet, we're in for a doozy. It's SO damn cold that it even feels colder than it is! It's so cold that you get cold and then, even though you're inside, you're still cold. Blanket? Not helping. Sweaters? Not helping. It's a cold from within you. I think it's because it's also so dry here right now.

Dry, yes dry. You all have the rain/snow/ice we already had so we deserve some dry, dammit.

This weekend we finally put away the folding chairs and table from Thanksgiving. We have our living room back. There's nothing worse than having something alien in your house that sticks out like a sore arm (not just a thumb). You walk around it, trip over it, slam into it, but there it is because there's no time to get rid of it. Well, we finally did and I am so glad. At least there's a little bit of normal in the house again.

Last night we went to see "Zoo Lights" at the Oregon Zoo not too far from here. The Peanut and her friend RAN and RAN and RAN. They had so much fun. By the time we got the kids back to the car, they were both in breakdown mode (The Peanut and The Bird) and it was a HELLISH time getting back to the house. Bonus? They both fell asleep before we got here.

We had two children in bed and sleeping by 7:30PM.

I don't think that's happened ever.

My honey and I had dinner, some wine, and rented "Prairie Home Companion". It was a quiet and restful evening which we deserved after the hell of that car ride home.

What did you all do this weekend? Make it good so I can live vicariously through you.

RAH - If you're reading this (which I doubt), say hello to Keith and let me know how it is in the homeland.

3 comments:

Carol Blymire said...

This weekend, I tried two new hairstyles: 1) two ponytails; and, 2) one long braid. Both were very cute. I also baked, did some writing, and went to a neighbor's holiday open house. And, I started Christmas cards. And played Karaoke Revolution on Playstation. And, maybe the best part of the weekend? Friday night movies and dinner with my friend, Patrick. We saw Casino Royale (it's excellent) and ate at Clyde's with all the old people, and compared all our recent late-30s/early-40s medical ailments, like we were in a freakin' nursing home or something. It was hilarious because he self-diagnosis even the most minimal symptoms with cancer, strokes, aneurysms, and leukemia on the internet like I do.

Anonymous said...

So we really have NO LIFE!!! My hubby and I went to Buster's Texas BBQ and then walked around the MALL for 2 hours on Saturday night and laughed at all the preteens flirting with all the other preteens. The sad part? We enjoyed ourselves.

S

Anonymous said...

Hey! I am reading this! Just late. The homeland, as it happens, is also cold, cold, cold. Not the US/portland winter style of cold where your face freeezes and it's just bitter and icy, but the ireland style.. where it isn['t actually that COLD per se but the rain & wind & damp seep into your very soul and freeze you from the inside.

also, most of my gigs have either been canceled, not happened, or sucked. It's a good thing I like Keith so much. Our time together has been really really good as usual and we are doing a private early xmas on friday. so there's that.

we went to paris!! for 3 days. awesome. And I ahve to leave on sunday. Yech. But he'll be in NY mid-February I think. *sigh*

was thinking of copming to portland to see kristen and you guys maybe in January. if i have any $ left. will keep you posted.