Yes, it's true. A cough. It sounds nasty, and at night and in the morning, she sounds awful. This has, however, not dampened her spirits at all. She's still feisty as ever, gets into EVERYTHING around here and fights with her sister over toys, chairs, dolls, you name it.
Last night she decided that getting up at 2:30AM and being unwilling to go back to sleep was the right route for her. I grabbed her and took her to bed with us which was a major mistake because I NEVER sleep with her in the bed. Her father, can roll right over and sleep in an instant. I had to rub her back a little, let her stroke my arm, make sure she was covered, make sure she was BREATHING (yes, still...does that ever stop?). At 5:30AM I decided I should get into bed in the guest room. I slept hard for about 20 minutes and then she was up. That's it!
So I am like the walking dead today. You can see me, but you're the only one who's really sure I am there. Because my head is in a fog...but not so foggy that I can't kvetch to you about it.
I think I'll go rest now. Wish me luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment