Well, that's a lie. I'm not fine.
For the first time in a relatively long time, I feel like total crap. My throat is RAW and my tonsils are so swollen that one is in danger of shaking hands with my uvula. Did I spell that right? Did I ever think I'd have the need to spell that word? Um, no.
Today, my honey was kind and took the kids to visit his parents. They had a marvelous day up on the mountain where they live. My in-laws put in a swing set for the kids and they spent some good time sliding and swinging and having a good time.
I blissfully slept for about an hour after they left. It was wonderful and quiet and warm. It only lasted an hour though, then the raw throat woke me up and I spent the rest of the day in bed watching "Band of Brothers" on the History Channel. Not the most uplifting program but well acted none the less and it taught me a thing or two I hadn't known. Overall, would I have been happier watching old Fred Astaire movies? Heck yeah! But it's Memorial Day so that wasn't going to happen. But hey, a day in bed with Sunset Mag. and some handsome men on TV and the chance to nod off now and then? It was glorious and I feel better for it.
So, the weekend wasn't a total loss. We went yesterday (when I was feeling a touch better) to a Crawfish boil at our friend's house. It was a nice afternoon, we caught up with some old and new friends and the Peanut discovered her knack for eating crawdads which she enjoyed immensely at the ripe old age of four. She had an audience of amazed adults with her. These things were boiled in garlic and onion and tabasco and who knows what else? But she likes herself a little spice so she enjoyed it and it didn't blow her face off with hotness.
We're about to have a week of weather in the 90s. I hate hot.
Hope you guys had a nice weekend and did something exciting or fun or saw friends or even better...the beach.
No comments:
Post a Comment