This afternoon, I dug out all of the clothing that the Peanut wore the summer before she turned two. I need this stuff for the Bird so I don't have to buy her all new clothing.
I found it all, of course, but it's all in a size or two larger than what the Bird is currently wearing so I'm not sure it's going to do me any good. I'll have to try it out before the summer really hits. If it looks like it's not going to fit in time for the season then saving all of this stuff has been for naught. Meaning, I've got two kids and they're not exact clones of each other in size (or personality...shocker). The Bird is shorter and slimmer than the Peanut ever was...even from the beginning. So I'm thinking that by the time the Bird can actually wear this stuff and the size will be right, we'll be WAY into fall and it'll be useless along with EVERYTHING else in every size to follow that comes from her sister. Alas...my plan is foiled by nature. Curses!
I also found, while digging for this clothing, several beloved articles of clothing and shoes that the Bird SHOULD have been wearing this past winter and early spring and now has COMPLETELY missed the opportunity to wear! I am devastated. These are things that the Peanut wore and we loved loved loved on her. It's only as I'm finding it here that I remember it. And I am sad to see that the time has passed for the Bird to wear it. Sadder still that the Peanut is as far beyond wearing it as she is! They're growing up too fast! This is G-d's way of making people want (and thus have) more children. I'm sure I'll get over it though.
So, I'll either have some hardly worn clothing to sell on eBay or I'll lend it out to the two girlfriends who are having girls this summer and pray they can use it. They'll be the most stylish girls on the block for sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment