Yes, folks, it's that time again. Time for Fox's "So You Think You Can Dance". The surprise summer series hit returns for Season 2.
Two things you should know:
1. We don't often get hooked into series television and don't watch ANYTHING really on a regular basis. (Unless you count Comcast On Demand Noggin programming for kids).
2. We NEVER EVER watch anything on Fox. But this is an exception. Some people have "House". We have "SYTYCD".
The basic gist of it is that it's "American Idol" for dancers. And while "Dancing With the Stars" was fun at times, this show is different because they're just regular people looking for a break. Just like Idol. But we don't watch American Idol. Why? We both sing and it's completely PAINFUL to listen to these folks most of the time. Why torture ourselves?
But we don't dance and so we watch with reckless abandon as these kids dance and audition for the judging panel of three. It was painful and exhilarating to watch last night. Some of these kids are ridiculously talented. Some of these "dancers" aren't dancers and it was hard to watch their dreams essentially shattered on National TV. Some went in knowing they'd never make the show but wanted (and got) their 15 minutes of fame (Dancing Derrick anyone?).
It's a fun show.
What wasn't fun was that both The Peanut and The Bird, in their copycat dancing endeavors last night, BOTH smacked their faces within 5 seconds of each other. The Peanut has a nice shiner. The Bird, a small bruise on her cheek. We're amazing parents.
What are you guys watching?
3 comments:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
They've joined my club. Remember last summer when I tried one of the dance moves in my living room and twisted my ankle? Good times.... good times.....
We're watching the Yankees lose, and I sneak in a peek at What Not to Wear on TLC. I know it's incredibly tacky, especially the first part where someone is willing to be humiliated on camera for a $5,000 wardrobe. But who doesn't love a make-over? They all end up looking terrific.
I have to admit that for the first time, I watched this season of "Dancing with the STars". Of course, it was purely to see if Heather Mills' leg would fly off during some mambo or jive, but then I got into it. And found that I was hugely satisfied that Apolo won. Yes, I have no life.
Post a Comment