No.
My honey's shoes after his long morning run?
Definitely. But not in this case.
The poopy wipe from the Bird's morning butt explosion?
Swamp Adventure, yes. Awesome, NO.
The Peanut's latest Smelly Guster?
Er...uh...no.
No friends, it is the song that is burned into my brain at this moment from a certain Backyardigans DVD we own. KILL-ME-NOW.
There was a time in my life when I couldn't stop humming the alto line to the Faure Requiem. Or to Tuxedo Junction. Or to "I Love My God He's On Parole..."
But Totally (totally) Awesome (awesome) SWAMP Adventure? I know no other line but that one. And in my motherly weakened state, it's about all I can sing. In my head. Over and over.
These are the kinds of things that keep me up at night. Well, one of the many things that can keep me up at night. Believe me, there are many things that would too. But I JUST KNOW that at 3AM, this little ditty (all one line of it) will be crankin' through my pea brain.
Oh wait, did I say pee? BRB...
OK, back.
I have a pea bladder too. I know the rest of you do too.
Well, not YOU maybe. But the rest of you do.
A List for all you Diner Girl fans who blessedly read this blog too:
TOP FIVE THINGS I'D LIKE TO DO THIS WEEKEND BUT WON'T
5. Clean out the garage
4. Rid the girls' drawers of winter clothes
3. Shred the (one, two, three, four, five...) SIX bags of material sitting next to our shredder
2. Get a mani/pedi
1. Leave for a romantic beach vacation, complete with hammock and frou-frou drink with umbrella (I can dream, can't I?)
In retrospect, "Like" might be too strong a word for some of these items. Nevertheless, this is shit that needs doing, among many other things.
But I hear it'll be raining. Maybe I can expedite that beach vacation...
What do you have planned?
DG, don't rub it in. Enjoy the beach. :-)
4 comments:
Yes, my romantic beach weekend with JONSHEA.
Here's a new song for you:
Just a small town girl, livin' in a lonely world
She took the midnight train goin' anywhere
Just a city boy, born and raised in south Detroit
He took the midnight train goin' anywhere
A singer in a smokey room
A smell of wine and cheap perfume
For a smile they can share the night
It goes on and on and on and on
Strangers waiting, (wwww)up and down the boulevard
Their shadows searching in the night
Streetlights people, living just to find emotion
Hiding, somewhere in the night....."
That's been in my head for days. Weeks even. Especially Steve Perry singing "WWWUP and down the bouleeeevard"
Now that's just cruel! Although I was going to offer my services to sing terrible, annoying, kitschy songs to you in order to get this one out of your head. By the way, if you invite DG over, she'll get your 5-things list done and complete an additional 55 things all while cooking something that looks and sounds fabulous, and making you laugh so hard you really have to pee. Don't you just hate it when people make that shit look easy?!
She IS cruel, isn't she? But it's ok because I WILL get her back someday (Harley David...SON OF A BITCH!)
Besides...it's all a ploy to get her out here.
And DG, I KNOW you're not having a ROMANTIC weekend at the beach, but you're going to be at the beach, right? Chilling out, maxing, relaxing, all cool...
Both of you can kiss my black ass.
"Dick in a box... ooooo, ooo,ooooo, oooooo..."
Post a Comment