Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Hello my lovelies...

Yes, ok, I know, it's been a few days since my last confession...er, uh, I mean blog.

Can't a girl catch a break? It was a busy weekend and to top it off, the Peanut and I had a little stomach virus, complete with the pukes, so gimme a little wiggle room here. I'm still not at 100% but dems da breaks.

We had Shabbat/Sukkot dinner last Friday with some very dear friends, complete with alcoholic beverages (Sabra...that stuff I always saw at my grandparent's house) and silly songs. It was a very fun and very relaxed evening. We were commenting today how nice it was to just let the kids play and the babies crawl around and not worry that they'll get into anything they shouldn't. This makes for an easier evening on Mommy and Daddy. It was really a lot of fun and we are very grateful.

We also had a lovely Sukkot party at a friend's house this Sunday. The idea was to make the Sukkah all beautiful with crafts made by the kids (with a little help of course), but it poured and the kids just wanted to play inside (and outside in the rain too) so the decorations never got made. Oh well. Lovely Sukkah too. Just a little bald. Perhaps we'll try again next year.

But, our hostess, who shall remain nameless for this moment, has a wicked sense of humor, thank G-d, and introduced me to the concept of
"Shake 'ems" or "Jowling". Sounds like a really sick thing to do. It doesn't involve any bodily fluids or anything but I suspect that if you were inibriated, just a bit, this would be a lot more fun to do. Basically, you get together with some friends for a good time, get a little raucous, get out the camera, shake your head as fast as you can from side to side and snap some photos of your face while it's shaking... If you click the link above, you'll see why these folks are called Jowlers.

Our hostess has three brothers. They are excellent Jowlers. She showed me photographic evidence. These are men I must meet someday.

Any, I'm back....mit eine vengence. Ja schlugen hoffen.

2 comments:

Carol Blymire said...

I actually used "mit eine vengeance" on a conference call with a client and they were dead silent. I had no idea I was about to say it until it came out of my mouth, German accent and all. I am such a loser.

pdxblogmommy said...

I cannot laugh hard enough at this! I wish I was on the other end of the phone so I could snort and giggle at you.

Und zen I vud shtahrt a lahrghe diskussion about it.