Friday, October 06, 2006

Kernals...

I don't have any ONE topic to write about today. Just bits and pieces, if you will, from the past day or so.

First, let me say how happy I am that I "reminded" all of you to read my blog. It isn't offered out to the general public. Just you guys and whomever you send it on to (which is fine). So it's been wonderful getting all the comments from you all. It puts a HUGE smile on my face!

I am up here in the playroom/office with the Peanut and the Bird who are both coloring. Well, the Peanut is coloring...the bird is eating colored pencils. I have in my posession a beautiful picture of the Peanut under a big rainbow standing on some grass with a bush, a rock and a lovely flower. This is the artistic theme lately. Rainbows. Rainbows as a topic and rainbow as a "color". I'd better not introduce her to rainbow sherbert (sherbet?).

Last night I had one of those "duck" moments. You know the ones. The ones where there is so much getting thrown at you that you seem to just glaze over and have everything run off of you like a duck in the rain (water off a duck's back).

The baby was starving and had lost her binky. Of course, we were in the car and it was getting late. We were on our way home after picking up some pizza. The crying was intense and loud and then Abigail began to whine about the crying. Loudly. It was every mother's dream to see her kids in this state. I'm lucky I didn't drive off the road. Thankfully, I kept repeating the mantra "I'm a duck, I'm a duck..." and somehow kept sane (angry but sane) all the way home, safely, thanks to the powers that be.

Today has been a well-deserved lazy and lovely day. A pajama day for the Peanut and slow for the rest of us too (well, me and the Bird. Hopefully not too bad for my honey either). Tonight begins Sukkot which we will celebrate with very dear friends tonight and on Sunday as well. Fun for all, good food, good friends, a reminder or two of where we came from and who we are and blessings for the harvest, and all that we have, and that we are here to celebrate it all.

Despite all that's happening in this world, I am more than thankful for what I have. A wonderful, warm, loving family both near and far, friends all over this country whom I count on and love and every day, a community where I am welcomed and loved and respected, the gift of my children (at all times), and a best friend whom I share all this with. He is the biggest gift of all.

Damn....now what will I write about at Thanksgiving?

1 comment:

Carol Blymire said...

Do you know that Jonshea and I STILL to this day use the phrase "now I know this is going to be a 'I-don't-know-if-I-should-have-fresh-fruit-on-my-Sukkot' " when we jump from one topic to another that seems totally unrelated but in a weird way, we strung it together in our brains over the course of 4 seconds and 19 linked thoughts.....