It's so nice to be in the playroom/office with the Bird who has discovered the music button on her little walk/ride toy. You know, it's one of those things she can either sit on or walk behind. It has all sorts of buttons and lights and MUSIC.
She has discovered this music button which she will press over and over until she gets to the song she likes. With each press of the button comes a tune she either really likes or only sort of likes and I can judge this by the enthusiasm in the dancing she does to the music.
The ABC song gets a slow rocking. Some other ditty I've never heard just gets more button pressing in order to get her to the next one which is a tune I've heard but cannot name. This tune, however, is her favorite and she sways and moves her head and neck. That movement along with the drooly smile she gets makes my heart melt. She enjoys it so much and so do I. I could sit in here for hours with her doing this over and over and never get tired of it.
The Peanut did this as a baby too. Only her toy had like 6 songs in various sounds (ie. bird, frog, duck, dog, phone etc.). And while I got the same joy from her playing at the time, it took only a minute or two to make my head want to explode as that toy (which miraculously is STILL in this room) has no on/off switch and no volume control. So I don't remember those lovely moments with the same fondness. But that's ok. There are SO MANY other moments in the Peanut's life that we remember with big smiles.
Off to the daily grind...Bon Weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment